Torah Modern Commentary

Daniel  Francis

Thank you very much for releasing the Torah Modern Commentary this has long been a favourite of mine, and perhaps you have had it out for a while but somehow i missed it. But I am one happy gentile.

-Dan

• Like 1

ah ok... then that explains why i never noticed it before thanks for the heads up on JANT I am sure it will be a most helpful volume.

-Dan

Thank you very much for releasing the Torah Modern Commentary ...

I second this! :)

and Thank you Dan for bringing this Chumash(Torah Commentary) to the spot light with this thread of yours. I would not have known that the Accordance store had acquired this work if not for your thread. This looks to be the most recent edition as well!

Just because I'm unfamiliar with this resource, I'm curious about this line in the product page: "The Hebrew text will be added to this module in a future free upgrade."

What is the text? I.e., what codex is it based on, how different from the MT, etc.?

Also, I wouldn't expect it to be tagged, but will it?

It won't be tagged. In the preface the editors say they "Methodically re-edited that Hebrew text, intentionally altering the reading according to the latest research." You can read more details there.

Like the commentary, there was no etext so we need to prepare that!

Just because I'm unfamiliar with this resource, I'm curious about this line in the product page: "The Hebrew text will be added to this module in a future free upgrade."

What is the text? I.e., what codex is it based on, how different from the MT, etc.?

Also, I wouldn't expect it to be tagged, but will it?

See also here.

I second this! :)

and Thank you Dan for bringing this Chumash(Torah Commentary) to the spot light with this thread of yours. I would not have known that the Accordance store had acquired this work if not for your thread. This looks to be the most recent edition as well!

Are you on our email list? You should have gotten our New Releases email on Tuesday where this was highlighted.

Thanks, Rick--that's a helpful page. Will the Hebrew text (when released) be just like any other text, that one could easily Compare, say, to the HMT in Accordance?

Thanks, Rick--that's a helpful page. Will the Hebrew text (when released) be just like any other text, that one could easily Compare, say, to the HMT in Accordance?

Yes, sans morph tagging.

Are you on our email list? You should have gotten our New Releases email on Tuesday where this was highlighted.

According to my profile i should be on all 4 mail lists, but I do not get that many emails from accordance... and I did not get the one letting me know of the release. I have no spam filter set up so it's not being redirected on my end as junk mail.

-Dan

Dan: If you ever unsubscribed from the Newsletter, we cannot add you back. You have to go to the website and resubscribe. It is not reflected at all on the Forum profile, completely different lists.

See also here.

Thank you Rick for your inquiry!

I am embarrassed to say :( , but I actually got that email I just didn't scroll down far enough to see where this new commentary was highlighted.

Edited by bkMitchell

• 1 month later...

I found a glitch in note 33 on Gen. 49:20. "So Ibn Ezra who mentions as examples DLPTT and JTO."

DLPTT and JTS are obviously two Hebrew words which did not come through in the scan. Looking at the printed text I discovered that the words are BAYIT (בית) and MAKOM. (מקום).

I found a glitch in note 33 on Gen. 49:20. "So Ibn Ezra who mentions as examples DLPTT and JTO."

DLPTT and JTS are obviously two Hebrew words which did not come through in the scan. Looking at the printed text I discovered that the words are BAYIT (בית) and MAKOM. (מקום).

Thanks for the report. We're in the process of working on another correction update and will take care of this.

Also, if you were not aware, we have an in-app feature to report corrections; this is the best method to ensure they get logged and corrected. Select a portion of text, then right-click and select Report a Correction. It generates an email in which you can write an additional description of the issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Rick,

Is this Report a Correction feature available in the Ipad app? If so, I don't see how to access it. Presently, I only have the ipad app and not the desktop version.

Edited by gorab1

Sorry, I should have specified. It is only available on desktop.

Rick,

Any idea of when the free Hebrew text upgrade will be available for the Torah A Modern Commentary as was mentioned in the info regarding this volume (."The Hebrew text will be added to this module in a future free upgrade.")?

Thanks.

Another glitch in the text.

In Gen. 49:13 it says: "see Josh. 19:10-16"
but the citation is not highlighted as a hypertext as other biblical quotations are.

Another glitch in the text of Torah a Modern Commentary

In Gen.50:10 there is a reference to verse 11. However, when pressing the hypertext 11, one is sent to 2Chr 16:11 for some strange reason. The reference is of course to Gen. 50:11!

Another glitch

The hypertext note on Gen 50:22 reads "no years" the correct reading is 110 years

Both the note and in the text of the special English translation TMC-E that comes with the program we have the same mistake, ie,

that "Joseph lived no years" !!

The same mistake is repeated in the TMC-E text of Gen:50:26 which is also also hypertexted in the note (as a hypertexed "26").

Please email these items to corrections@accordancebible.com and we will address them.